2021 Summer Mission Trip
Incoming 6th – Graduated 12th are heading to San Antonio June 20-25, 2021!
We are excited to take a group to serve others this summer. Below is how you can register and information you'd like to know as well as safety precautions being taken!
Westlake UMC youth are working in San Antonio, Tx with Blueprint Ministries. Blueprint Ministries exists to be a part of the urban San Antonio community by restoring homes and hope. Volunteers share the love of Jesus Christ and transform homeowners’ lives through their hard work. Blueprint’s desire is for students to return home with a passion for living a missional lifestyle and to continue serving those around them. Below is some information on the trip to better familiarize yourself with what God will be doing with us while we’re there!
When? June 20-25 2021
Where? We will be doing our mission work in the city of San Antonio on houses. This year, we will be staying at a nearby hotel at nightat the Blueprint ministries campsite during the week. (Including eat, sleep, worship, and showers)
Why? The youth will not only be Christ’s hands and feet in the world by serving people who have no other means to serve themselves, but they will also grow in their relationships with each other and as a whole community of faith. There will be other churches from outside the Austin area also attending which gives a chance for our students to make new friends.
How? Cost $450 to be paid by check to WUMC. (scholarships available inquire with Director of Youth Ministries)
- Service: Youth, adults, and a Blueprint Ministries construction intern work together to provide repairs and construction of porches, windows, handrails, roofs, floors, ceilings, steps and other areas of need. They also paint and do yard work for people in need in the area. There is no prior experience needed as all work tasks are age appropriate.
- Youth witness their faith when they reach out to those in need through home repair. This loving action touches some clients deeply. Work teams are encouraged to make a personal connection with the client and many clients share their own faith-building stories with the work team. This personal connection will be remembered long after the paint begins to fade and the grass grows back. Often there are tears of joy and sadness when it is time to say good-bye.
- Worship and Fellowship: Students will worship together every day. This includes both a morning devotional where they begin the day with God, as well as an evening time of singing praises where they can rejoice with others for what God has accomplished that day. Fellowship amongst the group will grow throughout the entire trip. There will also be specific times where the students will play games, relax, and simply enjoy getting to each other better each day.
- Safety: We will be following Blueprint Ministries Safety guidelines this year that can be found here and with the addition of our Wumc team will be sleeping in a nearby hotel for our overnight hours so as to keep our extended time with masks off within a smaller pod in our individual rooms rather than the larger shared sleeping spaces on Blueprint's campus. We will not miss any program times as we will leave campus at lights out time and return at breakfast time.
- Click Here to visit the Blueprint Ministries page to find out more!
Click the PDFs below to see Blueprint Ministries safety protocols